Open for general prose submissions YEAR-ROUND!
Breakwater Review only accepts previously unpublished work and is glad to review simultaneous submissions, but please inform us if your writing is accepted elsewhere. Breakwater is published ONLINE two times per year. Submission cut-off dates are as follows:
- October 1 for the Fall Issue
- January 1 for the Spring Issue
We receive a large number of submissions. Our submission guidelines are set up to facilitate our editorial process. Additionally, we charge a reading fee of $3 for general submissions to help keep Breakwater Review fully operational and to be as accessible to our readers as possible. Please follow the instructions below to enter your submission or your manuscript will be automatically withdrawn:
- Please use either .doc or .docx file formats. Submissions in other formats will not be accepted.
- Upload each piece as a separate submission.
- Submit up to 5,000 words of fiction per reading period. Please do not exceed the submission limits.